Mobility Solutions has been helping people, communities and organisations in the Bay of Plenty meet their independent living goals since 2005.
We run our business with a high level of integrity, and believe in providing qualified services to all our customers. The qualifications we hold are proof of our expertise and skills. They are also your guarantee that the advice we give and services we deliver are the best in the industry – whether you are coming to us for a personal consultation or mechanical services.
For this reason, we regularly share our knowledge and skills with our wider community through events and speaking engagements at retirement villages, community centres, etc. You are also welcome to book us in at any time to come and speak with your group or organisation on mobility and independent living topics.
Jo Fallowfield NZROT
Jo is a professionally qualified Occupational Therapist. She gained her BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy from Brunel University in London in 2000. Jo has many years of clinical experience in the health and disability sector in New Zealand and the UK. In order to retain her OTNZ certificate, Jo undertakes research, courses and on-going training. Jo also works closely with other Occupational Therapists in this region and maintains contact with many local therapy centres including ACC and Tauranga Hospital.
Joseph is a trade certified and qualified technician with many years of mechanical and electronic repair experience. He can service, repair and modify your scooter and electric bike to suit your needs.
Mobility Solutions is committed to providing an elevated level of service helping you choose the correct product first time.
I have changed my mind can I return a product?
- Please contact us immediately if you wish to return a product. Under consumer law we do not have to refund you if you have changed your mind. In certain circumstances, we will agree to exchange a product or give you a credit note to use in a future purchase.
Required Condition of Product for Return
- All items must be returned in the condition they were sold. This means they must be unused with the original packaging intact and in order.
Certain Items Exempt from Our Returns Policy
- Due to hygiene reasons, some of our products including toilet items, bedding, under garments and cushions cannot be returned.
- Powered mobility equipment cannot be returned once used.
Please contact us immediately if you have any warranty claim.
- 1 year warranty for all new products. In addition to the standard 1 year warranty, some of our larger items include a 2 or 3 year warranty.
- Used Mobility scooters come with 3-months warranty unless otherwise stated.
- For ‘hire or rental’ products we will automatically replace or repair your rental item with another of similar model.
The warranty period commences from the date of purchase. The warranty covers faulty materials, product defects, and faulty workmanship.
The warranty does not include damage resulting from normal wear and tear, incorrect use of the product, or abuse or misuse of the product.
We will require a reasonable amount of time to assess a warranty claim which may involve sending away any faulty parts for assessment.